Lung cancer is the second most common cancer in both men and women. Lung cancer prevention is more than just avoiding smoking. More than half of the people who get lung cancer are not current smokers.
Here are a few tips that might help prevent lung cancer:
Some of those substances are:
- Arsenic- involved in glassware production, ceramics and semiconductors.
- Asbestos, silica, aluminum, arsenic and cadmium.
- Solvents like benzene and toluene.
- Chemicals that contribute to lung cancer are not only found at your workplace but also under your sink, read the labels all household chemicals and reagents for safe usage.
- Second hand smoke is responsible for about 3000 cases, staying next to a smoker can increase your chances of lung cancer roughly by 30%. Exercising regularly can lower lung cancer risk and improve quality of life.
- Diet rich in fruits and vegetables is linked to reduced cases of lung cancer. Certain fruits have shown to lower the risk of lung cancer. Intake of flavonoids abundant in apples have shown decreased risk from smoking related lung cancer. Garlic has anti-cancer effects, a study done in china shows people who eat raw garlic two times per week have reduced their risk of cancer by 44 percent. Broccoli and fish are other foods that you can try for a significant reduction in lung caner risk.